Thread Closed 
How-To Add Pets to existing household
10-24-2011, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 03:12 PM by Sookielee.)
Y2-thumbsup How-To Add Pets to existing household
Hello, This is Sookielee's self sim and I think I would love to have a couple of Great Danes. Let's see about getting some added.

1. Go to Edit Town

2. Click on Create-A-Household.

3. Just leave the default sim that comes up and click to add a pet.

4. Create your pet, name it, and give it traits like you would normally,

5. Add any additional pets you might want. You see here I have added 2 Great Danes.

6. Once done creating your pet(s), Click the original sim that was generated, then Delete him/her. The three dot thing in the lower right of the sims icon, then the trashcan.

7. Click the Check. This is the message you will see, since we only want pets, Just keep going.

8. If you want edit the relationship between the pets it is done the same way you would sims, just drag one pic onto the other and you get this pop-up. Once done click the check.

9. When you get back to edit town, select the pet household you made and merge them with your family.

You can only create Adult or Elder dogs, cats and horses, as you probably have figured out by now. I just wanted to post these simple instructions because I have seen on several sites where people didn't know it was possible to add the pet they want to an existing household. I was pleased as punch when I could just delete the sim in the pet household and not have to get rid of him/her another way in game.

So have fun adding loads of animals to your families!

Now You see One Happy Family!

Find all posts by this user
10-24-2011, 07:31 PM
RE: How-To Add Pets to existing household
Nice, thank you!!
10-27-2011, 11:48 AM
(10-24-2011 04:14 PM)Sookielee Wrote:  1. Go to Edit Town

2. Click on Create-A-Household.

3. Just leave the default sim that comes up and click to add a pet.

4. Create your pet, name it, and give it traits like you would normally,

5. Add any additional pets you might want.

6. Once done creating your pet(s), Click the original sim that was generated, then Delete him/her.

7. Click to exit and save the household. You will get a message that say you can't play pets alone, either add a sim or merge with an existing household. Just keep going.

8. If you want edit the relationship between the pets just like you would sims. click the check.

9. When you get back to edit town, select the pet household you made and merge them with your family.

You can only create Adult or Elder dogs, cats and horses, as you probably have figured out by now. I just wanted to post these simple instructions because I have seen on several sites where people didn't know it was possible to add the pet they want to an existing household. I was pleased as punch when I could just delete the sim in the pet household and not have to get rid of him/her another way in game.

So have fun adding loads of animals to your families!

Edit: I will take some pic and add them later to help clarify each step.

Everything about this works fine for me, except for when I hit step eight. I have no option to click the checked box. It is faded out, making it impossible to move forward. My only option is to click the X box, which takes me back to the CAS. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way around this?

Desperately trying to add my pets to my existing household, but definitely keep striking out. Thanks for any help!
10-27-2011, 01:12 PM
When you want to edit a relationship, click the button "Edit Relationship" Then grab one of the pets and place it on the other, a pop uo will let you make then housemates or something similar, siblings or Mates. Choose which one you want. Then you should have the ability to click the ckeckmark to have then in the game bin. I will see about going into the game today and get pics for this. Sorry I have not done it already.
10-27-2011, 03:12 PM
(10-27-2011 01:12 PM)Sookielee Wrote:  When you want to edit a relationship, click the button "Edit Relationship" Then grab one of the pets and place it on the other, a pop uo will let you make then housemates or something similar, siblings or Mates. Choose which one you want. Then you should have the ability to click the ckeckmark to have then in the game bin. I will see about going into the game today and get pics for this. Sorry I have not done it already.

I can click the checked box when I am confirming the pet relationships (editing the relationships), but once that is done, it still won't let me click the check box to move forward past that. They are never added to the bin so that I may add them to an existing household in "edit town."
10-27-2011, 03:13 PM
I have added Pics to the first post. Hopefully the instructions are clearer with them.
10-27-2011, 03:28 PM
(10-27-2011 03:13 PM)Sookielee Wrote:  I have added Pics to the first post. Hopefully the instructions are clearer with them.

You know what .. I think I just realized it is because I haven't put a name for the household in yet. I suddenly feel very, very, very dumb! So ridiculous. Thank you for your help. Your screen caps tipped me off!
10-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Glad you figured out the problem. Enjoy you pets!
10-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks, Sookielee. This is great info. I will save it for when I install Pets.
10-27-2011, 08:05 PM
What a lovely job you did updating with the pictures! It makes everything so easy to understand. And, with such a cute self sim, by the way. :D
10-28-2011, 06:51 AM
:blush: Thanks
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disclaimers

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.

Custom Sims 3 is not responsible for the content or opinions posted by its members and can not guarantee or warranty any downloads Please use them at your own risk